When the FBI Guys Come Knocking...

Sandy Sandfort sandfort at mindspring.com
Tue Sep 25 19:02:32 PDT 2001

Tim wrote:

> In my personal situation, I would NEVER invite
> them into my house. For various reasons.

And of course, that's a perfectly legitimate choice.  Even in my case, I
wouldn't repeat that response.  Different times, different situation.
Today, though, I'd still want to know what they were after, so I'd step out
of my door, close it, then engage them long enough to question them, then
bid them a good day.

> Inviting any agent of the government in is an
> invitation for them to "look around." If they
> see something that interests them, they are
> free to pursue it.

Not necessarily, but a good first approximation.

At any rate, my advice wasn't about how much one should interact with the
Federal Baby Incinerators, but with one's moral stance when doing so.

 S a n d y