When the FBI Guys Come Knocking...

Sandy Sandfort sandfort at mindspring.com
Tue Sep 25 18:06:19 PDT 2001

Tim wrote:

> I haven't been "visited," at least not so
> far. Maybe I never will be.
>
> I hope I have the presence of mind to say
> "You're trespassing. Get the fuck off my
> property."

When I was visited (by a clichi salt-and-pepper team, no less), I actually
invited them in.  The reason?  I wanted to find out why they were there.

The first thing I said was, "I do not give my permission to being recorded."
Not worth much, but I wanted to see how they reacted.  (For what it's worth,
the assured me they weren't recording.)

I then asked them why they were there.  When they told me, I said, "I'm not
interested in discussing that subject."  Then I stood up and showed them to
the door.  They obviously knew that further discussion would be futile so
they left without further comment.

Whether you take my approach or Tim's approach isn't all that important.
What is vital, is that you maintain your sense of moral superiority.  Any
personal fear, guilt or subservience on your part are your own worst
enemies.

 S a n d y