ANWR

Jim Choate ravage at ssz.com
Mon Sep 24 20:22:52 PDT 2001

On Mon, 24 Sep 2001 mmotyka at lsil.com wrote:

> As usual you misunderstand me - I only approve of going into ANWR in a
> case of dire need. Our society depends so heavily on fossil fuels that a
> sudden removal would cause panic and starvation.

I don't misunderstand at all. Better we learn to live without it now then
ruin the planet and still have the problem. At least my way we'll have
some nice green valley's to sit around in while we pine about the glory
days of yor...

> $25 is a bit extreme - lets move it up to ~$3 1 year from now to start.
> Change it too quickly and you cause too much trouble for the economy.

I would hope it would raise holy hell with the economy.

> I also think we should learn a lesson from NY - annual vehicle
> registration costs are based on vehicle weight.

You mean they don't? (Tx. has always been as long as I've owned a car)

         Kill them all, take their land, and go there for vacation.

                                         Rage Against The Machine

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com