Democracy is our enemy

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Mon Sep 24 16:58:59 PDT 2001

On Monday, September 24, 2001, at 03:08 PM, Thomas Leavitt wrote:

> I'm tired of hearing my fellow Americans referred to as cowards,
> weaklings, sheep, ignorant, easily mislead - this is a profoundly
> undemocratic sentiment, the same kind of crap spewed by totalitarian
> and authoritarian types from the far left and the far right as
> justification for abandonment of the democratic process and the use of
> force to impose their ideology on the rest of us.

We are not for "democracy." Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting
on what's for dinner.

Crypto anarchy is about undermining democracy, causing the house of
cards to collapse.

> I refuse to give up on our way of life, my fellow citizens, or to write
> off my government as completely and irredemably lost.

You are welcome to "refuse to give up on our way of life." Many others
over the centuries have similarly refused to give up on royalism...I
hear there are even clubs where people pretend to be various archdukes
and viscounts, and even fan clubs for the grandchildren of royals
deposed 75 years ago.

Maybe there will be fan clubs for "democracy supporters." Maybe they
will even launch little wars agains the royalists.

Democracy will soon be consigned to the dustbin of history.

--Tim May