ANWR

mmotyka at lsil.com mmotyka at lsil.com
Mon Sep 24 14:43:29 PDT 2001

CDR: Re: Intercepts foretold of 'big attack' -- The Washington Times
John Young <jya at pipeline.com> wrote :
>Bill Gertz has received an extraordinary number of leaked
>documents. Most of those occurred during the Clinton era
>when national security mongerers opposed to Clinton's
>policies leaked top secret stuff. Those kinds of leaks seemed
>to have diminished now that those anti-Dems are in
>power again. They continue to be opposed to carry overs
>from the Clinton team like Tenet and others. There could
>be more leaks or worse crimes against humanity to help
>get rid of those remnants.
>
>However, ex-members of Clinton's administration are
>now leaking natsec stuff as Bush's team increases
>bashing of the Dem's policies, and counterterrorism claims
>are sure to get leaked left and right once the pol's dipshit
>backslapping and airkissing vanish.
>
>Congressional hearings on who knew what and when about
>the 911 attacks may not be in the offing any time soon, but
>they are needed to determine which war mongerers were
>most in cahoots with their good buddy jihadists to foster
>mineral exploitation in the target region and as a sideline
>boost the need for strategic Alaskan oil.

What Bush and cronies want to do in ANWR is entirely unrelated to
strategy - they want the right to go make money by drilling on public
lands. If it goes through in the near future watch how much the
government spends on roads and other support to get the drillers in
there and how much is payed in return by the oil companies.

Long-term energy strategy is more important than corporate greed. The
most strategic thing to do with Alaskan oil would be to leave it right
where it is. Dipping in to the reserves unnecessarily is moronic.

NB : I'm not opposed to drilling Alaskan oil - after Kuwait runs dry...

Mike