FUCK ORACLE, FUCK LARRY ELLISON

Sampo Syreeni decoy at iki.fi
Sun Sep 23 17:35:33 PDT 2001

On Sun, 23 Sep 2001, Tim May wrote:

>Interesting that the cyberliberties crowd was so eager to launch a
>"Boycott Adobe" campaign because of their sin that they attempted to
>defend their property rights, but no one is launching a "Boycott Oracle"
>campaign over Larry Ellison's fascist support for mandatory citiizen-unit
>ID cards.

Say *intellectual* property rights. It's a whole different ballgame.

>As an Oracle investor for many years, I am ashamed that the President and
>CEO of a company I have long-owned is adopting the fascist and statist
>policies reminiscent of Nazi Germany.

Why? Isn't that the rational course of action in a society where you can
trap the federal government at large into using your software? Besides
that's the sort of publicity stunt one would expect of any well managed
company. Might even do good to your stock, no?

Sampo Syreeni, aka decoy, mailto:decoy at iki.fi, gsm: +358-50-5756111