FUCK ORACLE, FUCK LARRY ELLISON

Meyer Wolfsheim wolf at priori.net
Sun Sep 23 20:49:38 PDT 2001

On Sun, 23 Sep 2001, Tim May wrote:

> Interesting that the cyberliberties crowd was so eager to launch a
> "Boycott Adobe" campaign because of their sin that they attempted to
> defend their property rights, but no one is launching a "Boycott Oracle"
> campaign over Larry Ellison's fascist support for mandatory
> citiizen-unit ID cards.

First, let me say I too find Larry Ellison's comments extremely
displeasing. This is in no way intended to imply otherwise.

Tim, are you defending Adobe in that paragraph above? (I can't imagine
that you would be, so I'm interested to hear such an argument, if that's
the case.)

> If the EFF does not demand a retraction, nay, an abject apology, from
> Larry Ellison and Oracle, then I will work to undermine the EFF in any
> way I can.

If I recall, boycottadobe.com happened two or three days after news of
Abobe's actions became public. The EFF's response came even later. I
wouldn't expect to see anything from the EFF about this the same day it
becomes news, especially on a weekend.

If we hear nothing from the EFF in the next week, that will certainly be
cause for criticism of the organization.

> Someday I will piss on his shallow grave.

Amen.

-MW-