419 letter (was Re: CDR Anonymizer <cpunks_anon at einstein.ssz.com> ?)

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Sun Sep 23 16:29:46 PDT 2001

On Sunday, September 23, 2001, at 04:25 PM, Karsten M. Self wrote:

> on Sun, Sep 23, 2001 at 07:35:58AM -0400, Steve Furlong
> (sfurlong at acmenet.net)
> wrote:
>> Karsten M. Self wrote:
>>
>>> ...neatly sidestepping the fact that fraud is a crime, stupidity
>>> isn't.
>>
>> Stupidity _is_ a natural crime. Mommy states have attempted to repeal
>> that law, but succeed mainly in redirecting the costs of stupidity from
>> the stupid to society as a whole.
>
> Oh.  So it *is* legitmate to swindle senile dowagers of their
> investments?

We didn't say it was "legitimate"...we said it is part of the natural
trend of stupidity.

A "senile dowager" who mails some of her money to Nigeria has herself to
blame.

If you advocate using taxpayer-funded Americans to go to Nigeria or
Sierra Leone to save her from her stupidity, then you are preterite.

--Tim May