CDR Anonymizer <cpunks_anon at einstein.ssz.com> ?

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Sun Sep 23 08:53:49 PDT 2001

On Sunday, September 23, 2001, at 01:35 AM, Karsten M. Self wrote:

> on Sun, Sep 23, 2001 at 12:23:27AM -0700, Tim May (tcmay at got.net) wrote:
>> On Saturday, September 22, 2001, at 11:44 PM, Karsten M. Self wrote:
>>
>>>     IF you are a United States Citizen or Resident and YOU HAVE
>>> SUFFERED
>>>     A FINANCIAL LOSS write "Financial Loss - Contact Me ASAP" on the
>>>     documents you have received and Fax them to the Task Force at
>>>     202-406-6930 and give Your telephone number(s).  A Secret Service
>>>     Agent will call you back as soon as possible to discuss the matter
>>>     with you (don't worry, you're Not in any trouble).
>>
>> Or you can just use the Short Form:
>>
>> "I'm a greedy fool ...
>
> ...neatly sidestepping the fact that fraud is a crime, stupidity isn't.
>
> Relevance, please.

Relevance?

1. Nigeria and Sierra Leone are in other nations, beyond the
jurisdiction of U.S. laws. If gullible Americans send money to the
Minister of Oil Development in Nigeria, hoping to win the stupidity
lottery, this is beyond the reach of U.S. law.

2. Look into polycentric, or market-centered, law. Those of us who are
not as stupid as the gullible Americans caught up in these Nigerian
scams don't wish our tax monies going to save the stupid from themselves.

3. Relevance to this list? Why talks about government enforcement on
_this_ list in the first place/

--Tim May