Redux: mass hate

Jim Choate ravage at EINSTEIN.ssz.com
Sat Sep 22 10:21:20 PDT 2001

On Sat, 22 Sep 2001, Aimee Farr wrote:

> I know you just FWDd it.
>
> I didn't know what "psychohistory" was. The term sort of lends itself to
> misconstruction. I've been pissed at you for months over that.

Ah, I'm sorry. I completely misinterpreted your comment (considering its
neighbors).

Isaac Assimov wrote some books called the "Foundation Trilogy". In the
books the science of 'psychohistory' is developed. It supposedly allowed
one to predict the future of socities down to very fine grain detail. When
particular messiah's or important leaders would be born, that sort of
stuff.

Cliology is a related activity but it's more interested in explaining
more general behaviours (my assumption is that probability prevents the
sort of fine grain proposed by psychohistory) of societies and their
cultures.

If you've never read the the original books in the series I strongly
suggest that you hit a used book store and spend a few dollars. They are a
good read just for fun even :)

         Kill them all, take their land, and go there for vacation.

                                         Rage Against The Machine

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com