Preparedness

dmolnar dmolnar at hcs.harvard.edu
Sat Sep 22 07:53:45 PDT 2001

On Fri, 21 Sep 2001, Tim May wrote:

> (I think there was a Sylvester Stallone movie which I never saw about a
> similar plan..."Daylight" was the name, I think. Interestingly,
> Hollywood usually has the hero stopping the timer at the 4-second mark,

If I remember correctly, it's an accidental explosion, not a bomb. The
tunnel actually does collapse.
(http://movie-reviews.colossus.net/movies/d/daylight.html mentions this)
The movie is about Stallone's attempt to rescue people from inside a
collapsing tunnel. Naturally he more or less succeeds.

A cabbie a few days ago mentioned something about a 2.5 hour wait to get
through tunnels; he claimed they were searching *all* the cars. I don't
know if this is still in effect. I know that my roommate and I made it out
of the city through a tunnel, without being stopped, last Friday.

-David