Zimmermann\'s shameful display...

citizenq at hushmail.com citizenq at hushmail.com
Fri Sep 21 16:37:36 PDT 2001

I am enjoying, in a macabre sense, watching the great Rorschach Test that events have turned out to be, where everyone's own impression of the world is reflected in their interpretations to a much greater degree than usual.

Everyone is acting like a bunch of assholes, snotty know-it-alls, children, and infantile technoids. And most of us are ostensibly more on the same side than not.  It gives one pause with regard to the behavior between people who DISagree about these and similar kinds of issues.

Aimee - is this predicted in your worldview?

>Sandy Sandfort said:
>
>> Spineless "Anonymous" or "lain" or whomever wrote:
>
>>> Grow a spine, Phil, you jellyfish.
>
>>a) Anonymous fell for the oldest trick in book, he uncritically
>>believed what he read in the newspaper. Missed my forwarded message
>>from Phil, did you?
>
>There are two possibilities. Either Phil is a jellyfish or he's just
>a naive self-promoting snake. In either case the best possible
>scenario is that Phil is the one who fell for the oldest trick in the
>book. He assumed the reporter would simply cater to his overbloated

>And then there's Sandy. Sandy, I have watched you as a supposed
>advocate of freedom, libertarian ideals, privacy, anonyminity,
>consistently bad mouth about every anonymous poster on this list who
>has anything of importance to say.

I've seen Declan and Tim doing this even more so, but there are deep issues regarding the clash behind the theory of Reputation Capital and the Cypherpunk mandate that anonymity is an essential component of privacy.