Over $3.50 in Coupons from Procter & Gamble!

Tide Neighbor to Neighbor Tell.Us at newsletter.tide.com
Thu Sep 20 16:03:52 PDT 2001

Hi, Richard!

Can you believe it? Summer is winding down, and Fall is just around
the corner. With the seasonal change, comes quite a bit of
rearranging, especially with your wardrobe! It's time to put away
those shorts and tanks and unpack those sweaters and long pants.
Whether the beginning of Fall means it's time for you to sweep clean
your home or search the storage bins for cooler climate clothes - it
no doubt takes a lot of energy and motivation to prepare your home
for the long winter months ahead.

Let's get organized!

Mary

P.S.  Our thoughts and prayers go out to all of the families who were
affected by our national tragedy.

Do your part to help support America's rescue and relief effort.

American Red Cross
http://newsletter.tide.com/cgi-bin3/flo?y=mHZ70Cdgcv0Bet0Kv30Bx
The Salvation Army
http://newsletter.tide.com/cgi-bin3/flo?y=mHZ70Cdgcv0Bet0Kv40By

PHYSIQUE OFFERS FREE SAMPLE

Time to slip away and fix another style fallen flat? Not with
Physique, it isn't. Physique styling products are scientifically
designed to help you create the look you want for 20 hours.
Guaranteed. If you're looking to add time to your day, and more
control over your look, check out Physique.com
http://newsletter.tide.com/cgi-bin3/flo?y=mHZ70Cdgcv0Bet0Kv50Bz
and get a free sample
http://newsletter.tide.com/cgi-bin3/flo?y=mHZ70Cdgcv0Bet0Kv60B1

CLOTHING CRISIS OF THE MONTH

This month's featured neighbor is Heather from Nashville, Tennessee:

It's always so hard for me to motivate myself to put away my swimsuit
and sandals. This year I was even more discouraged when I started to
pull out my Fall clothes and noticed a small spot of mildew on my
favorite white sweater! Is there hope that I can still save my sweater
after it has been sitting in storage for months untreated? Please
help!

Heather, you are not alone, so don't despair! Try these tips to help
remove hidden stains, and learn how to keep your fabrics safe for
seasonal storing.

THIS MONTH'S TIPS

TIP 1

Mildew stains can be quite discouraging, but Tide may help remove
those stains and help keep your clothes looking like new.

Before treating any garment, always refer to the care label
instructions. Then, soak the garment for up to 30 minutes in a plastic
bucket by adding 1/2 dose Tide(R) with Bleach per gallon of water.
Weight the item with a white towel to keep the garment submerged.
Discard soaking solution prior to laundering. Next, wash in one dose
of Tide in warm water. Finally, line or air-dry and repeat the
procedure if necessary.

Visit the Tide Stain Detective
http://newsletter.tide.com/cgi-bin3/flo?y=mHZ70Cdgcv0Bet0IC30B5
for more stain-removal tips!

TIP 2

We all know the importance of keeping our clothes in the best possible
condition. Some fabrics are simply too expensive to replace! Proper
storage techniques will help to maintain the quality of fabrics and
clothing, and increase their longevity.

Rule 1: Take precaution and always make sure you wash or dry-clean all
clothes and linens before packing them away into storage. Often times
clothes may not look dirty on the outside, but some stains don't
always appear right away. In addition, insects are attracted to soils
left on clothes, but cleaning them thoroughly will help to reduce this
attraction.

Rule 2: Make sure all clothing and fabrics are completely dry before
packing them away into storage. Keep closet storage to a minimum, to
allow for proper air circulation among your clothes. Make sure you
keep your closets cool and dry to prevent mildew from affecting your
clothes.

Finally, try tossing a Bounce(R)
http://newsletter.tide.com/cgi-bin3/flo?y=mHZ70Cdgcv0Bet0KwC0BG
fabric softener sheet into the storage bins to add freshness to your
clothes while in storage.

WANT TO BECOME OUR FEATURED NEIGHBOR?

If you have an interesting clothing care crisis you'd like to share,
submit http://newsletter.tide.com/cgi-bin3/flo?y=mHZ70Cdgcv0Bet0Kv80B3
your story now. You might see your laundry crisis featured in a
future newsletter!

COUPON UPDATES

Help us support UNICEF by looking for and redeeming valuable coupons
in your September 30 Sunday newspaper! When you buy these featured
products with the UNICEF coupon, Procter & Gamble will donate $.10 per
redemption (up to $200,000) to "Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF!"

"Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF" helps to provide children around the world
with health care, better nutrition, clean water and sanitation,
education and emergency relief. Just by redeeming one coupon, that
$.10 will provide a year's supply of vitamin A for two children!

To get your "Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF" box go to www.unicefusa.org

Check out the savings you can redeem on ONE any size of the following
products with the UNICEF coupon!

$.50 - Tide product
$.50 - Bounce Fabric Refresher
$.25 - Bounce dryer sheets
$1.50 - Dryel product
$.25 - Downy Wrinkle Releaser
$.25 - Downy product
$.40 - Cascade product
$.20 - Dawn product

THIS MONTH IN FABRIC CARE HISTORY

The history of soapmaking dates back to the seventh century where it
became an established craft in Europe. Italy, Spain and France became
the primary centers for soap manufacturing because of their vast
supplies of oil from olive trees. The American colonies began
commercial soapmaking in 1608, when numerous soapmakers arrived in
Jamestown, VA. In the early stages, soapmaking was considered a
household chore, but later soapmaking became a noble profession.

THE PEOPLE IN OUR NEIGHBORHOOD...

Say, what was that great tip on fighting grass stains in a past
newsletter? Did you ever want to check out previous copies of the
Neighbor-to-Neighbor newsletter? Well now you can! Check out these
past issues:
http://newsletter.tide.com/cgi-bin3/flo?y=mHZ70Cdgcv0Bet0KxT0BY

SPIN AND WINNERS

Last month we asked you to tell us all about your summer vacation.
Well, let's just say our readers certainly know how to "get-away!" Be
sure to check out our three winning stories and submit one of your own
at Spin and Win:
http://newsletter.tide.com/cgi-bin3/flo?y=mHZ70Cdgcv0Bet0ImZ0BR
You could be our next big winner for a year's supply of Tide!

In August, our "Spin and Winners" were:
* Barbara from Fernandina Beach, FL
* Julie from Louisville, KY
* Shannon from Bothell, WA

HE Talk

So, what is an HE washer anyway? These high-efficiency (HE) machines
are considered the top-of-the-line washers in the industry. Usually,
HE washers are "front loaders" but top loading machines are beginning
to appear on the market. The HE machines offer many benefits over
standard washing machines - they use 50% less water, allow you to wash
larger loads, help save money on utility bills, and are more gentle on
your clothes.

To learn more about HE washers, go to:
Tide HE http://newsletter.tide.com/cgi-bin3/flo?y=mHZ70Cdgcv0Bet0KwB0BF
and see our featured manufacturer links at the bottom of the page.

FOR MORE INFO...

Keep in touch with the Tide Community with Textures, the Tide website.
Get expert fabric care advice, product information, and a chance to
share stories of your own. Textures is your family's complete care
resource. Visit us at:
http://newsletter.tide.com/cgi-bin3/flo?y=mHZ70Cdgcv0Bet0G7H0BD

To unsubscribe at any time, forward this message to: