[Fwd: [biofuel] Global atomic agency confesses little can be done to

Reese reeza at hawaii.rr.com
Thu Sep 20 20:13:18 PDT 2001

At 07:00 PM 9/20/2001 +0200, Nomen Nescio wrote:

 >Anti-aircraft missiles are the answer.
 >
 >We should have a government program to distribute anti-aircraft missiles.
 >Every able-bodied American should be armed with one.  Stinger missiles
 >use a shoulder launch carrier and can be fired without much technical
 >training.
 >
 >Any time an aircraft appears to be off course or behaving oddly, anyone
 >in the area can shoot it down.  This will be much safer and more reliable
 >than a gunfight on the airplane.
 >
 >Let's seem 'em go after our nuclear plants or dams, knowing that vigilant
 >Americans stand ready to defend these structures with lethal force,
 >never mind the cost in lives!  After all, the more arms people possess,
 >the safer the world will be.  That seems to be the philosophy of prominent
 >cypherpunks.
 >
 >Stay tuned for: Why should only TERRORISTS have suitcase nukes?

The comedian Gallagher trod this ground in the early 80s.

[from memory]

"This whole rigamarole with hidden missile silos and underground train
tracks to ferry missiles from one silo to another?  Arm every American
with an ICBMW - that's an Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile Winnebago.

No one would dare try anything, they'd know that every weekend, we would
have a million Americans out on the road with a sixpack and an itchy
button finger, just waiting for something to go wrong...."

Reese