CNN poll

Steve Thompson stevet at sendon.net
Wed Sep 19 12:41:54 PDT 2001

Quoting Trei, Peter (ptrei at rsasecurity.com):
> While these online polls are rarely terribly meaningful,
> I will note that CNN has one going now, at
> http://www.cnn.com/2001/US/09/19/gen.america.under.attack/
>
> It asks 'Would you accept more government involvement in your
> life if it meant more security against terrorism?"
>
> So far:
>
> Yes: 70% 118946 votes
> No:  30% 49938 votes
>
> Peter Trei

I wonder why they bother with such polls.  At this time, there is enough
legislation and political will to mandate `more government' involvement in
people's lives without the need for unscientific study.

Not only is there a need for a war to boost the flagging economy, but
obviously the future security of the human race _depends_ on omnipresent
government intrusion in the affairs of man.

What, exactly, is gained by these silly pretences at polling the people for
their opinions when the unassailable logic of military necessity is sufficient
unto itself?  I suggest that journalists explain, in simple terms, the facts
of national security to the public.  Properly presented, the majority will
easily accept the inevitable without complaint since the only other option
will be to abandon facts and logick for chaos and uncertainty.

Regards,

Steve

--
Several eye-witnesses report seeing a missile strike the WTC before it went down.