Soft Targets (Re: Saudis detained photographing dam)

David Honig honig at sprynet.com
Wed Sep 19 09:47:12 PDT 2001

At 11:16 AM 9/19/01 -0500, Harmon Seaver wrote:
>      I'm surprised there hasn't been a big effort made to
>protect nuke plants. Seems like they'd be a ripe target for
>terrs, either by an airliner hit or just by a large armed
>group intrusion.

San Onofre increased their ground security.

The containment domes are spec'd to handle an airliner crash.  Don't know
which airliner (707 vs. 747) and how 15 tons of kerosine affect it.

Chem plants, refineries & storage facilities [soft targets] all upped their
walking guards.

No more tours of sewage treatment plants for the public for now (really).