I hope this war puts an end to PC nonsense

Duncan Frissell frissell at panix.com
Tue Sep 18 03:56:51 PDT 2001

At 04:19 PM 9/17/01 -0400, An Metet wrote:
>     Fuck that noise. If this is war it means I get to blow your stupid
>ass away if you blow smoke in my direction.
>
>    Fuck that shit too -- you really are showing your age, aren't you
>old folks? You got a problem with archaic revival? As this little ditty
>plays out, you will see (if you survive at all in your solitude, which
>isn't too likely) that "society" will re-group into tribes (what you
>call gangs, old man) and all that jive will be everywhere for tribal
>identification, rank, or just plain beauty.
>    Where do you people get this weird crap from anyway?

What happened to the new feeling of unity in America since the Late
Unpleasantness?

Note that a number of lives were saved by smoking at the WTC when people
popped down or tarried for a cigarette (whereas *none* were saved by not
smoking) .  Of course they were outside because of anti-smoking rules so in
this case, perhaps smokers and anti-smokers sort of worked together to save
lives.

DCF