SI - The End of Nations, Part 1

Eric Cordian emc at artifact.psychedelic.net
Tue Sep 18 00:24:15 PDT 2001

keyser-soze at hushmail.com writes:

> The emergence of Bin Laden as the enemy-in-chief of the United States
> reflects a momentous change in the nature of warfare. A single
> individual, albeit one with hundreds of millions of dollars, can now be
> depicted as a plausible threat to the greatest military power of the
> Industrial era.

> In statements reminiscent of propaganda employed during the Cold War
> about the Soviet Union, the United States president and his national
> security aides portrayed Bin Laden, a private individual, as a
> transnational terrorist and leading enemy of the United States.

This "War" is being sold to the American public with all the hype of a
Professional Wrestling storyline.  Believe nothing uttered by the Four
Network AnchorWhores.

I just switched to CBS, and there was Dan Rather crying on "Late Night"
with Letterman holding his hand, as he explained to the public that we
could expect a 5-10 year campaign to rid the world of evil, and we had to
make sure this generation wasn't too "spoiled" to stay on board for the
whole performance.

He also tossed in a few comments about how we should have gotten rid of
Saddam Hussein when we had the chance, and meddled in various other things
that were none of our business.

Funny, I don't notice Dan Rather crying about the Iraqi kids who can't get
their cancer medicine because of sanctions, or the fact that the Zionist
Entity is presently shelling Palestinian Kindergartens and shooting
unarmed mentally handicapped people.

Washington DC, New York, and Tel Aviv all need thermonuclear disinfecting.

--
Eric Michael Cordian 0+