I hope this war puts an end to PC nonsense

Duncan Frissell frissell at panix.com
Mon Sep 17 18:38:35 PDT 2001

At 05:28 PM 9/17/01 -0700, David Honig wrote:
>I spent a minute thinking about how to use my laptop as a shield.  Wondering
>how much a drink-cart weighs.

I was thinking of what would be available and somewhat effective as an
improvised weapon on a hijacked aircraft since we've been deprived of guns
and decided that laptops fit the bill best.

No Sony Vaios.  Something a bit heavier.

Held in front of you it could deflect an edged weapon.

Slammed around it could make a short, blunt club.

And laptops are certainly available.

Even though your laptop would probably not survive the experience; if *you*
did, you could probably get the manufacturer to give you a replacement in
exchange for the good publicity.

DCF

----
Tank:  What do you need -- besides a miracle?
Neo:   Guns.  Lots of guns.
   -- Marcus Chong to Keanu Reeves in "The Matrix"