I hope this war puts an end to PC nonsense

David Honig honig at sprynet.com
Mon Sep 17 17:28:47 PDT 2001

At 12:07 PM 9/17/01 -0700, Tim May wrote:

>I wonder if the GenXers (and younger) will be taking out their nose
>rings, tongue studs, and other bits of metal stuck through their bodies,
>primitive-style. (And not just so they can pass through metal
>detectors...)

I wondered that when I left my penknife and corkscrew behind in my Silly
Valley
cube, flying home Friday eve.  My glasses didn't set them off; I don't think
finger-rings, earrings, etc. exceeded the thresholds they set then.  In fact,
they didn't search my luggage and since I was reasonably metal-free the
only delay present was an extra 15 seconds of paperwork (show your
itinerary to
get past the passenger-only point).  *Monday* I was swabbed for nitrates.

I spent a minute thinking about how to use my laptop as a shield.  Wondering
how much a drink-cart weighs.

Wondering if the skymarshalls always get aisle seats.

Realizing the next attack is a different mode.

And they still made me pay for a beer on the plane.