[havenco-discuss] Re: [Announce] HavenCo Sealand Remailer Online

David Honig honig at sprynet.com
Mon Sep 17 08:01:56 PDT 2001

At 07:23 AM 9/17/01 +0000, Ryan Lackey wrote:
>What would be really cool would be replacing "decipher these numbers" with
>some kind of task which produced actual value, but could be evaluated
>either by a machine or a horde of other humans; "prove this theorem",
>"sort these files", etc.

If you *required* injected messages to be PGP-encrypted, you
have a hashcash-like cpu cost, plus you perform the 'human value'
of increasing encrypted traffic and possibly increasing PGP's
deployment.  And AUP-legit botwriters can handle this.

I suppose 'credits' from a distributed-computing project (fubar at home)
would work, if you could work out how to reliably associate those people
with your ephemeral ones.  Or partner with a Process Tree (tm) -like
commercial
dist.comp. company.  Also contributing hand-prepared pages for the Gutenberg
project, or indexing some content, or evaluating other contributors'
offerings for validity.

Cheers,