[havenco-discuss] Re: [Announce] HavenCo Sealand Remailer Online

jamesd at echeque.com jamesd at echeque.com
Mon Sep 17 07:19:41 PDT 2001

    --
On 17 Sep 2001, at 10:30, Ryan Lackey wrote:
> I'm not sure if I buy that remailers are even going to have
> serious problems in the future.  I see two approaches:
>
> 1) The aforementioned ecash-based system.  We don't have a
> problem getting people to smuggle drugs, because people in
> the drug game get lots of money, women, cars, etc.  I
> wonder how many drug dealers would do it just for "moral
> goodness" (actually, a lot of last-stage dealers do that,
> just buying for their friends and distributing, which
> obviously doesn't work for remailers;

Works fine for remailers.  If you need to use a remailer, run
one.  You know that at least one remailer in the network is
OK, guaranteeing that your messages will be really
untraceable.

> I don't think we'll have to wait long for this kind of
> theorizing on anonymous communications and prosecution to
> no longer be merely academic.

Closing down remailers right now would involve going off
message.  They might however go off message if the war is
nearly won, or nearly lost.

If the war is nearly lost, we can expect a claim that "we
were stabbed in the back", followed by a focus on the
internal enemy.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     bVRat5mEHVZsqG36x0si0fvps1elLGAhf9i2JTeT
     4+akZKq1bBg9sR1kH3r9/fnKcYH+e0PCBg0UIIcAa