Simp-wimp fellow travellers pushing key escrow systems

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Mon Sep 17 07:14:23 PDT 2001

On Monday, September 17, 2001, at 06:58 AM, Declan McCullagh wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 16, 2001 at 10:37:45PM -0700, citizenQ wrote:
>> I read it.  Yes but in the deconstruction/analysis, you STILL don't
>> support your position WRT the objections raised, you switch over to
>> "maybe it shouldn't be done so fast."  But then you say the bill
>> "will have to go to conference committee and then, probably, both
>> chambers of Congress for another vote.."
>
> I raised few policy objections. Instead I laid out what the bill would
> do.
>
> It sounds like you're what Tim would call a simp-wimp apologist for
> using Carnivore without court orders who is actively trying to sabotage
> privacy.

Yep, "citizenQ" is one of the simp-wimps.He hides behind his Hushmail
and Ziplip accounts, possibly using remailers fed into them, but then
calls for regulating crypto and privacy.

Not all those calling for key escrow and the other accouterments of
repression are simp-wimps: some are hopeful sellers of key escrow
schemes. "Chefron," our Dutch fascist, is one of these hopeful sellers
of key escrow systems.

The guy who sent out letters to Dorothy Denning, Baker, and others is
another.

But the arms dealers of repression need the simp-wimp fellow travellers
to give them moral cover.

--Tim May