SYMBOL

Dr. Evil drevil at sidereal.kz
Sun Sep 16 11:14:03 PDT 2001

> In any case, let the insurers and builders do it if they want. But
> they'd better not use any money taken by force from others. And they'd

"Money taken by force from others" is flowing very freely these days.
I'm sure taxpayer money will be used to rebuild the WTC.  Even worse,
I'm sure billions in taxpayer dollars will be used to bail out the
airlines.  Apparently all airlines were having a bad year even before
Tuesday, and now even the biggest are facing bankruptcy.  The
capitalist response to this would be to allow them to go bankrupt,
because other better-managed leaner meaner airlines would come to take
their place, but the American response will be billions of dollars
(taken by force from others) in subsidies.  My business could use a
subsidy too, Uncle Sam!