Palestinian celebration videos censored

Greg Newby gbnewby at ils.unc.edu
Sun Sep 16 14:17:11 PDT 2001

I saw a little coverage of this on TV (it might have been MSNBC,
or CBC.  Unfortunately, I'm not sure.)  It was yesterday, Saturday 9/14.

The story at that point was that the AP *had* the video, or
at least some of it, but were self-censoring.  The implication was
that it was because of the death threats.

They had the chief of the AP bureau involved (the Palestinian
AP or somesuch... P.A.P.), who refused to comment on camera.  It's
always fascinating when the media try to media the media.

  -- Greg