[linux-elitists] Cryptome up for mirroring (fwd)

Eugene Leitl Eugene.Leitl at lrz.uni-muenchen.de
Sun Sep 16 06:40:48 PDT 2001

-- Eugen* Leitl <a href="http://www.lrz.de/~ui22204/">leitl</a>
ICBMTO  : N48 10'07'' E011 33'53'' http://www.lrz.de/~ui22204

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 08:54:12 -0400
From: Aaron Sherman <ajs at ajs.com>
To: Eugene Leitl <Eugene.Leitl at lrz.uni-muenchen.de>
Cc: Linux Elitists List <linux-elitists at zgp.org>
Subject: Re: [linux-elitists] Cryptome up for mirroring

On Sat, Sep 15, 2001 at 11:01:30PM +0200, Eugene Leitl wrote:

> All blocks and limitations on downloads here have been removed. We
> request that bots and spiders be configured and monitored to avoid
> repetiveness, looping, recycling and checking previous downloads.
> Bandwidth trashing programs will be seen as attacks and blocked to
> assure access by others.

I'm also putting up a lot of the software that's currently listed on
freshmeat (gnupg and it's associated library packages, pgp2.6,
some email crypto packages, Perl and python interfaces to crypto,
and a more) up on Gnutella. I will be allowing downloads at a restricted
bandwidth, but hopefully these packages will be picked up and mirrored
across the gnutella network.

For folks interested in getting involved in the effort to assure
crypto access, please check out my comments on pps.sourceforge.net

--
Aaron Sherman
ajs at ajs.com		finger ajskey at b5.ajs.com for GPG info. Fingerprint: