MARTIAL LAW Cypherpunks and terrorism

jamesd at echeque.com jamesd at echeque.com
Sat Sep 15 23:55:23 PDT 2001

    --
> > > Don't forget James - if in fact Bin Landen is involved in
> > > this then the facts remain that the US Government sponsored
> > > and assisted him during the Russian occupation of
> > > afganistan.

James A. Donald:

On 15 Sep 2001, at 10:37, Jim Choate wrote:
> He did, he fought during the Russian invasion (I've sent a URL to a
> reference seperately). It's almost certain he at some point used US
> supplied arms.

I stand corrected.

James A. Donald:
> > Bin Laden hates freedom,

Jim Choate:
> No, he just uses a different incompatible definition than you. For example
> one of his complaints is that he is not given the freedom to move the
> godless (eg US forces) out of the holy lands of Syria (eg Mecca and
> Medina).

There are no US forces in the holy lands of Syria.

Another of his complaints is the spread of universalist western values in Arab states.  In this, he is not objecting to the Israeli occupation of East Jerusalem, but to the western enlightenment.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     JevpgqHN59H4vK1PVzERB9RHRgs2iwrcyM4p1tvx
     4s9viI97WRHpZtj9dGQbHBeAn4JemTsvUEwrusze0