Technology Review - Also in the News - US weighs new forms of electronic surveillance following attacks

Jim Choate ravage at ssz.com
Sat Sep 15 20:47:24 PDT 2001

On Sat, 15 Sep 2001, Howie Goodell wrote:

> Jim Choate wrote:
> >
> > ...privacy sillyness...
> >
> > http://www.techreview.com/screaming/article.asp?SMContentIndex=3&SMContentSet=0
>
> I think what is silly is not proposing alternatives, and
> then being shocked, SHOCKED when frightened "sheeple" make a
> choice that is rational according to the information they
> have.

My alternative is neither of them.

More importantly, my 'comment' was really a quote from one of the rep's
about how bad he fealt by being sensitive to all that 'privacy sillyness'.

Witht that kind of attitude 'none' is the only answer. 1984 just waiting
to happen.

             Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.

                                        George Santyana

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com