Crypto-anonymity greases HUMINT intelligence flows

Jim Choate ravage at ssz.com
Sat Sep 15 13:26:21 PDT 2001

On Sat, 15 Sep 2001, Meyer Wolfsheim wrote:

> [This is becoming a rat-hole, and I'm not interested getting too far into
> it. I think most of you understand my point.]

Yeah, you're fast running out of points that aren't dull.

> On Sat, 15 Sep 2001, Jim Choate wrote:
>
> > > Different societies have different definitions of evil; some evils are
> > > hard to justify by any means, however.
> >
> > They people engaging in them certainly felt justified. Whether you agree
> > or not is really a different question. It also demonstrates the
> > relativity of 'good' and 'evil'.
>
> Of course.

Then you admit the primary failure in your assertion.

> > If we were for a moment to accept the concept of 'universal evil' then we
> > are faced with a simple litmus test. If it is really universal than a
> > rock, rabbit, or person will find it equally offensive.
> >
> > Or are you perhaps suggesting that people are somehow 'universal' (ie
> > anthropocentric)...
>
> I am not stating that there is any act of "evil" necessarily offensive to
> all societies, past, present, and future. However, I am stating that there
> *are* acts of "evil" that are not tolerated by any society currently in
> existence.

Now you're changing the rules in the middle of the game.

Naughty on you...

The assertion was there are concepts of 'good'/'evil' which are accepted
by ALL human societies.

             Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.

                                        George Santyana

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com