Crypto-anonymity greases HUMINT intelligence flows

Jim Choate ravage at ssz.com
Sat Sep 15 12:14:33 PDT 2001

On Sat, 15 Sep 2001, Meyer Wolfsheim wrote:

> See my second to last post, Jim. I cannot think of any massive terrorist
> attack in which personal gain was the only motive. If there are any, the
> number is extremely small.
>
> Different societies have different definitions of evil; some evils are
> hard to justify by any means, however.

They people engaging in them certainly felt justified. Whether you agree
or not is really a different question. It also demonstrates the
relativity of 'good' and 'evil'.

If we were for a moment to accept the concept of 'universal evil' then we
are faced with a simple litmus test. If it is really universal than a
rock, rabbit, or person will find it equally offensive.

Or are you perhaps suggesting that people are somehow 'universal' (ie
anthropocentric)...

             Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.

                                        George Santyana

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com