Crypto-anonymity greases HUMINT intelligence flows

Sandy Sandfort sandfort at mindspring.com
Sat Sep 15 13:37:25 PDT 2001

Meyer Wolfsheim wrote:

> My point is that such an attack could occur
> with nothing more than economic factors as
> motivation.

Of course, but I don't see how that advances any discussion of what ACTUALLY
happened on the 11th.  I don't think there is any reason to engage in a
theoretical discussion when we have such a concrete event to examine.  I'll
certainly concede your point that evil can be done for pecuniary profit as
well as ideology.  So may we dispense with this irrelevant thread now?

 S a n d y