MARTIAL LAW Cypherpunks and terrorism

Jim Choate ravage at ssz.com
Sat Sep 15 08:39:19 PDT 2001

On Sat, 15 Sep 2001 jamesd at echeque.com wrote:

> The Taliban is not the Soviet Union.  They are roughly on par
> with a Somali clan.  I predict casualties somewhat higher
> than Somalia, but not much higher.

If we put soldiers on the ground expect cacualites. Lots of them.

The Somali were a bunch of rabble. Afghanistan is a cohesive culture with
a much longer history of (succesfull in many cases) military action.
They've also had a lot more practive over the last 20 years than the
Somali.

            natsugusa ya...tsuwamonodomo ga...yume no ato
            summer grass...those mighty warriors'...dream-tracks

                                            Matsuo Basho

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com