Material support to terrorists "concealing or disguising?"

mmotyka at lsil.com mmotyka at lsil.com
Fri Sep 14 17:26:52 PDT 2001

>(a) Offense. - Whoever, within the United States, provides material support
>or resources or conceals or disguises the nature, location, source, or
>ownership of material support or resources, knowing or intending that they
>are to be used in preparation for, or in carrying out, a violation of [XYZ]

Obviously AT&T is innocent since they did not know or intend and
likewise so is a remailer operator who is not privy to the schemes of
the terrorists so has no knowlege or intent.

Or does innocence depend upon the depth of one's pockets?

I doubt getting rid of remailers is so simple as the authorities that be
not liking them. There's some time and effort involved and success is
not certain. While they're at it might as well get rid of personal ads
and public bulletin boards newsgroups ad infinitum.

Our speech-restricting politicians are worthless.

Mike