A Brevital Moment (was..Ignore Aimee Farr)

Trei, Peter ptrei at rsasecurity.com
Fri Sep 14 13:25:16 PDT 2001

> Aimee Farr[SMTP:aimee.farr at pobox.com] wrote:
>
> I have never threatened a judicial official, or anybody else. I have
> reason
> to doubt my character in this regard could be placed into question.
>
> ~Aimee

I haven't paid enough attention to AF to be able to form an opinion as to
whether she's threatened anyone. However, her second sentence is such a
strange Clintonesque legalistic circumlocution that it raises questions
as to just what she may be be tiptoeing around (possibly nothing).

If her character could not be 'placed into question' ... 'in this regard',
to just
what exactly is she responding? Why can't she just make a clear,
unambiguous statement, as in the first sentence? There seem to be at
least 3 levels of ambiguity in the second sentence.

A better followup would have been: "If you maintain otherwise,
show the quote where I am threatening someone. Put up or shut up."

Peter Trei