The Enemies List

Jim Choate ravage at ssz.com
Fri Sep 14 13:23:24 PDT 2001

On Fri, 14 Sep 2001, Sandy Sandfort wrote:

> Nomen Nescio wrote a lot of nonsense.  Rather than respond to each pointless
> point, let me just say this:
>
> First, don't presume to speak for me or any member of this list.  This is a
> list of individuals and they all speak only for themselves.

Follow your own advice...

> Third, this list was founded on the principle that technology
> could/should/would be used to protect privacy.  Period.

No, that was 'that' list. That list died and a new distributed list was
born. The current operators may or may not be doing this for the same
reasons that the original list was put up. In any case you don't operate a
node so you have no expectation to understand why THOSE people do it.

            natsugusa ya...tsuwamonodomo ga...yume no ato
            summer grass...those mighty warriors'...dream-tracks

                                            Matsuo Basho

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com