Cypherpunks and terrorism

Adam Shostack adam at homeport.org
Fri Sep 14 09:46:52 PDT 2001

On Thu, Sep 13, 2001 at 09:47:05PM -0700, Lucky Green wrote:
| It is controlling our speech and thoughts that they are after. But they get
| there without the cooperation of the gullible.

"Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by
stupidity."

I really don't think that most of those calling for restrictions on
our freedoms are after controlling our speech and thought.  They're
scared, and they're reacting.  But I think that many of them are
acting out of the finest of intentions.

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

Adam

					               -Hume