Ann Coulter Final Solution?

lizard lizard at mrlizard.com
Fri Sep 14 10:55:43 PDT 2001

Well, she's right on one thing -- civilians will die. This is war, and
that's what happens in war. That's why, generally, we prefer to AVOID
war -- unlike some people, we don't like killing civilians.[1] But we'll
do it if we have to. Anyone who thinks we can get out of this without
massive civilian casualties is an idiot. (No, 'turning the other cheek'
is not an option. If you've once paid 'em the Danegeld, you never get
rid of the Dane.)

I don't agree with "Convert 'em to Christianity" bit. Let them remain
Muslim. Just turn them into good capitalists locked in a trading
alliance with the US, just like Germany and Japan. Global capitalism
means global peace. No one wants to bomb their customers.

[1]The terrorists could have crashed into their targets at night,
causing massive destruction but dramatically less loss of life. They
chose to cause maximum civilian death, for the purpose of causing
maximum civilian death. Civilian casualties are an inevitable
consequence of war -- only madmen make it the AIM of war.