"Attack on America" - a Personal Response (fwd)

Jim Choate ravage at ssz.com
Fri Sep 14 05:16:41 PDT 2001

On Fri, 14 Sep 2001, Riad S. Wahby wrote:

> Jim Choate <ravage at einstein.ssz.com> wrote:
> > I don't believe that particular 'boundary condition' was included in the
> > original question/point. In fact, injecting spurious boundary conditions
> > after the problem is presented (ie "Oh, I meant to include...) is itself
> > considered bad form, logically speaking.
>
> Jim, I must admit I'm surprised to see even the likes of you making
> the above argument.

Considering your logic so far, this doesn't surprise me.

> The question is thus: "were actions X, Y, and Z acts of terrorism or
> acts of war?"

Exactly, and you ASSUMED A PRIORI that I would accept your definitions
without stipulation.

Since you're the representative of the 'government' and are making the
prooposal it is standard practice that the 'opposition' get to question
the definitions for relevency.

I did, you lost. Your definition of 'war' and 'terrorism' are inaccurate.

The claim that there is some 'legal definition' that prevents 'nations' or
'states' from participating in 'terrorism' is inaccurate. Even the US
(whose laws I'm ASSUMING you're are refering to) recognizes 'state
sponsored terrorism'.

In short the very pillars of your argument have been demonstrated to be
false. Your argument failed.

In responce you're not ingaging in straw man and ad hominim hoping that
nobody will notice.

Come back when you can play with adults.

            natsugusa ya...tsuwamonodomo ga...yume no ato
            summer grass...those mighty warriors'...dream-tracks

                                            Matsuo Basho

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com