chefren

jmalcolm at uraeus.com jmalcolm at uraeus.com
Thu Sep 13 20:58:03 PDT 2001

If my memory is correct, chefren was the chief proponent of building
in surveillance technologies on the IETF RAVEN list, which was
chartered to decide the response of the IETF to government requests
in that regard. (More or less - my memory isn't exact on the wording.)
The resultant discussions were rather heated and quickly went
nowhere, which didn't stop chefren from singlehandedly trying to make
others see the error of their ways.

So the forwarded message is not particularly surprising.

(I don't know "Rob Carlson".)