"Attack on America" - a Personal Response (fwd)

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Thu Sep 13 22:07:36 PDT 2001

On Fri, 14 Sep 2001, Riad S. Wahby wrote:

> Jim Choate <ravage at einstein.ssz.com> wrote:
> > It's a question of scale, not participants. A nation can engage in
> > terrorism (eg Syria, Libya).
>
> Squirrel definition!  Don't you know that squirrels are poor form and
> generally lead to point reduction?  Obviously you were never a debate
> judge.  :-P

Boo Hoo.

> The relevant definitions here are clearly not those of Webster, but
> those of the appropriate US laws.  By said laws, it is most certainly
> _not_ a question of scale.  Governments can't be terrorists, period.
> The letter of the law.

I don't believe that particular 'boundary condition' was included in the
original question/point. In fact, injecting spurious boundary conditions
after the problem is presented (ie "Oh, I meant to include...) is itself
considered bad form, logically speaking.

As to the point, if nations can't participate in terrorism then exactly
what is it that Afghanistan is being theatened with for harboring the
raghead? Exactly why did their leaders go into hiding again? Exactly why is
Pakistan running around like a sub-woofie? Exactly why did the US use
F-111's to drop bombs on a particular 'rogue state' for engaging in
'terrorism' (ie Libya)? What exactly do you thing Amin was doing, besides
killing croc's that is...

You've got your beenie wound too tight junior.

            natsugusa ya...tsuwamonodomo ga...yume no ato
            summer grass...those mighty warriors'...dream-tracks

                                            Matsuo Basho

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com