chefren

Greg Broiles gbroiles at well.com
Thu Sep 13 22:15:49 PDT 2001

At 03:58 AM 9/14/2001 +0000, jmalcolm at uraeus.com wrote:

>If my memory is correct, chefren was the chief proponent of building
>in surveillance technologies on the IETF RAVEN list, which was
>chartered to decide the response of the IETF to government requests
>in that regard.

Yes, that's him. In the course of those conversations it was revealed that
he was an employee or principal of a European company which was producing a
line of key-escrow crypto products, and he was hoping to bias the standards
towards creating a market for his otherwise distasteful and shameful
merchandise.

So it's not surprising (but not encouraging) to see him reappear, marketing
the same tired apologies for his unwanted and useless garbage, seeking to
create a market by forcing people to buy a product they won't spend a dime
on unless it's at gunpoint.

--
Greg Broiles
gbroiles at well.com
"We have found and closed the thing you watch us with." -- New Delhi street kids