Sick Wacko in the Whitehouse

John Young jya at pipeline.com
Thu Sep 13 21:50:03 PDT 2001

>Your operational requirements are significantly different, so I'm
>told by several military folks I've talked to, none of whom attempted
>to play down the Afghan resolve, but simply pointed out that if we
>didn't care about "keeping it", we would not encounter (all of) the
>same difficulties Ivan did.

Ah, but since Ivan tested his superpower battlefield capabilities on
lightly armed Afghans and lost thanks to US assistance, the Afghans'
neighborly Pakis have come up with nukes and perhaps a few other
devices obtained from hardup Soviet CBW researchers who are
eager to assist the Afghans just as the US did.

Nobody would dare suggest the Slavs are looking for payback,
and have lulled the last remaining superpower into thinking bygones
are bygones, the cold war is over and done, as if thousands of
handy airliners would never become giant Stingers.