Sick Wacko in the Whitehouse

Derek Balling dredd at megacity.org
Thu Sep 13 18:21:30 PDT 2001

>    The evening news says Dubbya is asking Congress for
>20 billion for his little war, and it sounds like the
>moron is actually going to try to invade Afganistan. I
>hope, in one respect, they actually do it. It will be
>amusing to watch the body bags coming home as the Afgans
>kick Yankee butt just like they did Ivan's.
>    How did you people ever allow this delusional sub-normal wacko
>to become your leader? For those of us old enough to remember,
>he sounds more and more like Adolf Hitler.
>God help us all.

There's a distinct difference in purpose, theoretically speaking,
between "invading to control" and "invading to punish and destroy".

Your operational requirements are significantly different, so I'm
told by several military folks I've talked to, none of whom attempted
to play down the Afghan resolve, but simply pointed out that if we
didn't care about "keeping it", we would not encounter (all of) the
same difficulties Ivan did.

| dredd at megacity.org  | "Conan! What is best in life?"          |
|  Derek J. Balling   | "To crush your enemies, see them        |
|                     |    driven before you, and to hear the   |
|                     |    lamentation of their women!"         |