CNN Using 1991 Footage of Celebrating Palestinians?

Adam Shostack adam at homeport.org
Thu Sep 13 14:30:21 PDT 2001

On Thu, Sep 13, 2001 at 01:46:16PM -0700, lizard wrote:
| Matthew Gaylor wrote:
| >
| > CNN Using 1991 Footage of Celebrating Palestinians
| >
| > Can anyone verify this?
| >
| > http://www.indymedia.org.il/imc/israel/webcast/display.php3?article_id=6946
| >
| Reading through the following comments, it seems unlikely. Possible, but
| unlikely. The evidence, at this point, consists of an obviously anti-US
| poster referring to an unnamed Professor with an unseen tape. That's
| pretty low on the rely-o-meter.
|
| I won't say it's impossible, but I want a better source.

>From Cyberia:

http://www.worldtribune.com/worldtribune/breaking_2.html

Palestinian Authority threatens camera crews covering celebrations

Special to World Tribune.com
MIDDLE EAST NEWSLINE
Thursday, September 13, 2001
RAMALLAH ?

The Palestinian Authority has muzzled coverage of Palestinian
celebrations of the Islamic suicide attacks against the United States [...]

					               -Hume