Manhattan Mid-Afternoon

jamesd at echeque.com jamesd at echeque.com
Thu Sep 13 08:07:34 PDT 2001

    --
On 12 Sep 2001, at 14:59, Trei, Peter wrote:
> I sincerely hope that the remaining perpetrators of this
> atrocity are found and punished, but entertain no illusions
> that doing so will prevent future attacks. That can only come
> from a shift of US government attitude from "I've got the
> biggest stick", to one of non-interference.

If it turns out that some of the terrorists were people who were
beaten up a few times too many by Israeli soldiers, then the US
government's only effectual remedy is to stop its alliance with
Israel.

If, however, it turns out that all the terrorists were from some
countries that are unfree, poor and miserable, and are outraged
by the fact that we are free, rich and happy, and blame us,
rather than themselves, for their poverty and misery, then the
only way to appease them would be to become unfree and poor.  I
would rather toast the entire third world, than make such a
concession.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     Y7uaIORhvsiSNFbd3uvHLO13Q10f+FGbxTR+8Hs+
     4oZbuoQ/ovQxHW9rYGsfEYtOODo7dZvu+F4J7s4Xi