Cypherpunks and terrorism

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Wed Sep 12 18:08:48 PDT 2001

On Thu, Sep 13, 2001 at 02:20:09AM +0200, Nomen Nescio wrote:
> There are two contrasting forces at the heart of the cypherpunk
> philosophy, well exemplified by the two co-founders, and their messages
> posted today show the difference well.
>
> The dark anger of May versus the bright hope of Hughes.  Make your choice.

It is beyond silly to talk about a mailing list that has probably had
tens of thousands of subscribers over its lifetime as having only two
primary philosophies of substance.

In fact, the "dark anger" we're likely to see will grace the tip of
Tomahawk and other missiles en route to their targets.

-Declan