MARTIAL LAW Cypherpunks and terrorism

baptista at pccf.net baptista at pccf.net
Wed Sep 12 17:06:14 PDT 2001

On Wed, 12 Sep 2001, Len Sassaman wrote:

> I'll inevitably be accused of being cowardly or selfish for switching my
> system over to middleman mode. To the cypherpunks making those
> accusations, I ask: Do you run a remailer?

your showing a level of concern which is understandable.  but what i see
is a simple fact.  people are afraid of their governments - and we all
know governments are run by monsters these days and few people will stand
up to monsters.

i do however find it very entertaining to watch US politicians speak on
the issue.  your political infrastructure is out of control and as a
result anything significant can happen as a response to this unfortunate
act.  martial law is a definate possibility if this happens again.

now the world is a very bad place.  one thing i find insulting from all
the newscasts is us politicians claiming that freedom and democracy have
enemies - which is the ongoing retoric.  the real question is why did this
happen.  or another question is why were their celebrations on the streets
of china and most of the arab world.

i don't think the people on those plains were enemies of freedom or
democracy.  people who have freedom, liberty, and democracy do not have to
resort to suicide missions to get attention.  people who resort to these
methods have lost hope and have no other means of addressing thier
concerns.

according to the fbi there were 12 to 24 people in all involved.  in my
opinion they were lost soals who appointed themselves judge, jury and
executioners.  these people yesturday delivered a verdict - which in all
amounted to the execution of 50,000 people.

now that we know the verdict the only outstand question is what were the
charges?  why did these people do this?  what was their motivation?

so far i have not figured that one out.  sure arabs are dancing in the
street - their happy - poor arafat was doing penance today by giving
blood.  and i understand the japanese red army is also being blamed for
this.  but all these claims so far amount to little frills here and their
to enhance the show.  i have yet to receive a clear explaination on what
drove these people to do this tragedy.

regards
joe

--