terrorism

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Wed Sep 12 14:48:58 PDT 2001

[Tim's note: This is from John McCarthy, Professor of Computer Science
(or AI, or similar) at Stanford. Prof. McCarthy was the originator of
the term "artificial intelligence," invented the language LISP, and has
been a creative thinker for many decades. I have always admired his
no-nonsense approach to problems. I ran across this article in
rec.arts.books.]