Cypherpunks and terrorism

Sean Roach roach_s at intplsrv.net
Wed Sep 12 11:00:43 PDT 2001

At 12:27 PM 9/12/2001 -0400, Sundar wrote:
>Fucking troll!  If anything, you have a lot more in common with those
>responsible for this atrocy than you do with any freedom loving citizen of
>the USA.  Or for that matter any cypherpunk.
>
>This was an attack against our liberty.  Against our freedom.  Perpetrated
>by those who hate liberty and would love to enslave their countries under
>severe religious laws.  They hate us most of all because they believe our
>freedom is what makes us "The Great Satan"
>
>And you sir, are spewing the very same agenda they are.  I suggest you
>turn yourself in to the FBI this moment for the terror monger that you
>are!

He probably did, along the lines of Sir, it didn't work.

Personally, I think we should INCREASE crypto over this.  Put a crypto
imbedded radio in the planes control electronics, with the key known only
to the FAA, and existing only for that flight.  If there are flight
problems, hit a switch from the tower and take over the plane from the
ground.  Either instruct the autopilot to land at a pre-determined
contingency location, fly it by remote from a simulator, or blow it up
before it can be used as a battering ram.  The former two useful for
on-flight emergencies too, such as an unconsious pilot.  Something else to
consider.  Knockout gas in the passenger compartment and a solid door
between passenger compartment and cockpit.

Also, why are we putting so many clerks in a handful of offices
anyway?  Isn't this supposed to be the age of the paperless office?

Shoot, this time next week, 3-inch pocket knives are going to be on the
proscribed list for commercial flights, when the opposite should be true.