Manhattan Mid-Afternoon

cubic-dog dog3 at ns.charc.net
Wed Sep 12 03:25:26 PDT 2001

On Tue, 11 Sep 2001, Normen Nomesco wrote:

> Oh and Im sure having guns on board planes would work out great
> especially considering the increase of people having huge fucking fits
> and having to be held down on planes, yeah, lets arm people on planes.
> Have you ever fucking even been on a plan?  I wouldn't trust most of my fellow
> monkeys with a sharp edge on the free peanuts.

Hi Normesco;

If you had ever lived in an armed society, you
would understand why this isn't the case.

I've lived where pretty much everyone
was armed pretty much all of the time. I can
promise you that this bad, childish behavior
simply doesn't occur. Even when folks get
very cranked up at one another, the arguments,
while heated tend to stay somewhat civil.

These reasons you cite for not allowing folks
to be armed go away very quickly when the
sheepish victim mentality that is inherit
in the powerless is removed.

When folks are held accountable for their
behavior, they behave better.